Although Chinese Mandarin is considered as one of the most complicated languages in the planet, western people can acquire a good command of this language by taking a Mandarin language course in any Chinese language school. Shanghai, as one of the most important cities in China, has plenty of facilities for international students and efficient language schools across the city. For instance, the New Concept Mandarin language school, The Mandarin Chinese Training Institute, Mandarin Rocks and the Language Travel company language schools are some important centers in Shanghai that nowadays provide excellent courses for foreigners.
About the city
China is quite recognized in the world because of its growing economic development. There are several cities in the country that show the greatness, modernity and stable economic situation of this Asian country. Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong are some of the most principal cities in the country that foreigners can visit to enjoy the Chinese culture accurately. In fact, Shanghai (上海) is one of the largest cities in China because of its massive population.
Visitors can find amazing features in the city; as an example we can mention the historic shikumen (石库门). The shikumen are basically big and beautiful houses that have a spectacular combination of the western and the eastern culture. These houses have an amazing European architectonical style with Chinese elements.
Shanghai is considered a leading international town because each year the city receives thousands of foreign visitors who visit the city in order to make business deals, to do some tourism or to learn Chinese mandarin language in excellent Chinese language schools. In addition, during the last year the city has become an important center in fashion, technology, culture and finance in China.
The city is strategically located near the Yangtze River Delta that is situated in the eastern part of the country. During the 18th century, the principal businesses of the city were the fishing and textile industries. However, in the 19th century the city changed drastically. In 1930, the city became an important trade center in China.
The city includes amazing landmarks to know, spectacular sites to visit and interesting activities to do. Travelers can visit the city God Temple, take a tour in the Shanghai Maglev Train, learn some culture in the Shanghai Museum, try a green massage and visit the famous Yuyuan Garden, just to mention a few.
Why learn Chinese in Shanghai?
Shanghai is considered as the best place to study Mandarin Chinese because of its amazing language schools. In addition, the city has spectacular places to visit and activities to do for foreign students. These students can enjoy visiting Shanghai while they are taking language courses. There are language schools located in the city center. We are talking about the Mandarin House Shanghai Chinese School and The Mandarin Language Training Institute. In fact, the majority of the language schools are not far away from Shanghai’s downtown. In addition, the city offers plenty of facilities for foreign students during the entire year.
What we like about Shanghai
Shanghai is pretty convenient to take a Mandarin Chinese language course of because the city has a large number of school facilities for foreigners.
- The Yayuan Garden is a magnificent representation of the powerful dynasties in China.
- This splendid Shanghai Museum is considered as the most important in the city.
- The Shanghai People’s square is without a doubt the best place to enjoy the city properly because it provides spectacular views of the town.
- The Shanghai Nanjing Road is the first and the most popular commercial center in the city.
- The Shanghai Buddha Temple is another amazing construction that was built in 1918 during the Song Dynasty.
- The Shanghai Huangpu River possesses 144 kilometers of extension.
- The Shanghai Xin Tian Di is a historical pedestrian street in the city where old houses (shikumen) and new buildings make a great combination.
- Probably one of the big problems in Shanghai and in any other city in China is the cost of living. In this fashion, Shanghai can be expensive.